Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My nose blowed up

My temperature got to aboot 103-5 today, and mi madre was nice enough to call the clinic for me to see what was happening. In all the paperwork I got, none of it said "stop taking penicilin", "don't lift over five pounds", or "don't got to work for ten days". Hell, I wasn't even supposed to blow my nose and have been doing that for days, because that is what one does.

I had no idea at all, and I know I am a dumbfuck on occasion when it comes to listening to my body, but if the doctor had said to stay at home then I'd have done so. Right now I'm on penicilin again for the infection, back on a liquid diet (oh yay), and on some new tranquilizer. I don't remember the name of it right now but it has "Endo" written on the tabs, and they are magic.

So that is what is going on. Still going to ArtWalk/work/otherthings if all goes well at the clinic today, because I need a doctor's note (had no idea I'd be missing work!) and will be in town anyway.

In a nutshell: I basically made myself seriously ill by having an extremely half-assed day at a desk job, and then blowing my nose.

It may just be this "Endo" stuff... but yes, it is darn hyelarious. See you all soon, and keep me updated on your things!

No comments: