Saturday, August 18, 2007

Unsolicited AIDS Tests

It's the weather, or not sleeping last night, or something, but I can't really seem to wake up today.

My mouth hurts on the one hand, but on the other, my stomach pain has gone away and of course since the two accompany each other, my "oh so awesome" panic attacks have let up too. Sweet!

I'm facing sort of a dilemma right now- Cardin is showing me a $300 apartment soon, and I'm considering a studio since it will be just me and the animal(s), so hopefully there will be a bit more cash flow.

$300 a month for rent
$90 a month for car insurance (bleh)
$50 a month for food for self, animal(s), and possible cleaning supplies
$50 a month for gas + recreation
$9 - 20 a month for the telephone
$40 a month for interweb
Utilities

This means getting a freelance or night job. While I have no doubt I can do that, especially if it's only part-time (four or so hours a night isn't bad for $100 - 120 a week), I really want and need to attend school again.

Am I putting too much on my plate? I know people who attend full-time, play sports, work full-time, and manage a family. I will just be doing the work, school, lackadaisical sports, and herding cats thing.

You know, there's a lot to be said for feminism, but I have to wonder if we've given up too much. Right now I could be taken care of and married, comfortable, and surrounded by a man and children who love me. A lot.

. . . Pff.

I'm going to try my hand at online classes, but it's the classroom experience that I miss. We'll see.

Oh!

Snaps to a friend of mine, who's recently had his first AIDS test. I can't tell you how many times the gentlemen I know of only get tested after nagging and nagging and not putting out and nagging and so on.

Good for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no real answer to if that if too much on your plate. It's just a question of how you want to live. I tried the full time work and full time school thing (and trying to manage a relationship) and I couldn't handle it. I felt that it wasn't worth living that way if I didn't have any free time to have fun. Some people like to keep their life full though and don't feel right when they have any free time.

Annie said...

This is true.

My question was answered for me this morning regardless, the price of online courses has increased 3x.

Rather than the $600 I was expecting, you know. But thanks for your input, of course :>