Sunday, August 12, 2007

Switzerland or Bust

I wanted to post some pictures today, or go on about my dad's weekly departure, but I don't feel like it now.


We live in a country ruled by the popular media. A media owned by the entertainment business, because free enterprise died... hell, ages ago, before my time at least, youngun that I am.



Now while that's a discouraging thing in itself, what's worse is that our information, our pop culture, our anything, will be based entirely off of our coastal cities. LA and New York, Cisco and Boston, Hookers and Blow, etc etc etc.



I've ranted about this for a while to my friends, and yeah I do agree that I'm taking it to heart, but Jesus Christ. This country is not the fucking East or West Coast, this is a country that used to be great solely because of the fact that so many cultures blended together to form an incomplete, constantly evolving society.


Now our cultural identity is http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/the_hills/series.jhtml or whatever piss-poor stereotype Hollywood can pull out of its ass in order to humiliate, and take advantage of popular locations that once had their own, original, cultural identities.

Now I can't even find a news story about a psychopath walking to a small-town Missouri church and mowing down people with a machine gun.

No comments: